The alliance offers staff members the opportunity to explore new interdisciplinary connections between the partner institutions. A Seed Fund has been set up for small-scale initiatives such as preparing for an external grant application, developing a new course, organising an event or setting up collaboration with social partners.
Each year there will be three opportunities to apply for seed money. Deadlines are 1 March, 1 July and 1 November. In each round funds are available to award three applications.
Call March 2021
Call July 2021
Applications must meet a number of requirements:
- At least 3 of the 4 partners within the alliance are involved in the proposal
- The application may cover all disciplines within the alliance partners and should focus on (one of) the alliance’s themes: Health, Food, Energy and Circular Society
- The application has clear deliverables, such as a grant application, the organization of an event or an educational activity. The resources cannot be used for match in a grant application
- The application amounts to a minimum of 10 k€ and a maximum of 50 k€
- The maximum duration of the project is 1 year
- The application must be supported by the relevant members of the General Assembly. In the TUe and UU this is the dean of the faculty, in the WUR this is the managing director, in the UMC Utrecht the chair of the strategic theme
Applications that do meet the minimum requirements will be assessed by the Seed Fund Committee on the basis of the quality criteria. Applications will be ranked on quality and awarded in order. In each call three proposals will be awarded.
+31 (0)6 34 16 10 48