The alliance encourages new, innovative teaching methods such as Challenge Based Learning, in which students from various disciplines cooperate with each other and with social partners on real problems in the business community or in society. By contributing solutions to these problems, students are making an impact while still studying and acquire skills that can stand them in good stead later: think of cooperation, creativity, design thinking and entrepreneurship. From 2021 onwards, the alliance will be organising a variety of challenges for Bachelor’s students and Master’s students at TU/e, WUR, UU and UMC Utrecht.
- BITT Challenge (Bio-Tech-Med Nutrition Interdisciplinary Team Training)
- Dutch Dairy Student Challenge
- Interuniversity Sustainability Challenge
- Planetary Health and Climate Resilient Health Systems Challenge
- The Da Vinci Programme 2024 (Master)
- The Regenerative City Summer School
If you are an educator or a stakeholder you can find more information about Challenge Based Learning within the EWUU context on our CBL interactive platform.