This summer school focuses on a series of regenerative impact challenges in the city of Amsterdam. Students and practitioners work together to understand and develop the regenerative city. Strengthen relationships, slow down, and speed up the transition to a more regenerative city.
The Amsterdam Metropolitan Region has high aspirations when it comes to meeting the needs of its human and non-human inhabitants, while staying within the planetary and social boundaries, adopting Kate Raworth Doughnut Economics. Every initiative that is working in the transition to a regenerative city is faced with the challenges of bridging worlds and the limits of the systems we inherited. Building local capacity for renewal and vitality goes hand in hand with the need to navigate the increasing pressures of the Anthropocene, the global market, or social inequality. What practices do we have at our disposal to navigate these pressures and develop life affirming interventions? How do we make sense of place in its different dimensions and dynamics? What place and position do we have or take ourselves? This week we will be weaving connections, deepening understanding, and strengthening our community & personal leadership.
What you can expect:
A deep drive into regenerative leadership and our stewardship for a thriving city. Nature, fire, food, and conversations that matter. The city as our curriculum, with learning journeys, meeting key players, different kinds of knowing, unlikely allies, and places of potential. Creative and social interventions, dialogue, and reflection to liberate the potential of our communities and places. Public programs and events to delve into what can make the city thrive
- This challenge lasts 1 week, 10 till 16 July.
- You will work full-time on the challenge during this period.
- 3rd year Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD and Honours students from TU/e, WUR and UU are welcome.
- The language of instruction is English.
- The week consists of workshops, fieldwork, community life, team projects, personal growth, public programs, and closing event.
- You will stay on a campsite in Amsterdam, more info upon registration.
- 1,5 ECTS.
- Follow the growing program and content at www.theregenerativecity.com
Intake takes place in:
Eindhoven: 22 June 17.00 – 19.00 hrs.
Wageningen: 20 June 17.00 – 19.00 hrs.
Utrecht: 24 June 15.30 – 17.30 hrs.